Welcome to Sefton Pensioners’ Advocacy Centre
What we do
The Sefton Pensioner’s Advocacy Centre is a thriving small charity providing one to one casework. We offer a free, independent and confidential advocacy service to people aged 60 and over and living in the borough of Sefton and surrounding areas (50+ on our Cancer Advocacy Project).
Sefton Pensioner’s Advocacy Centre works to ensure that you as a service user are supported appropriately to enable you to participate in decisions that affect your life, giving you choice and control over your own life.
We provide help in a range of areas, from general advocacy to specialist services to support people with a variety of needs.
We also run Sefton Older Persons’ Forum meetings where people can get take part in decision making and get their voice heard in a group setting.
We accepts referrals from professionals and agencies such as Carers Centre, Social Workers, GPs, Dentists, Macmillan Centres; family and friends of people needing help and people themselves. We will confirm with the service user that they want us to work with them before taking the referral further.
WHAT CAN WE DO? HOW DO WE DO IT?
We can support you with….. We ….
- Remaining Independent - Speak up on your behalf
- Health and care reviews - Write letters
- Obtaining services from health and the local authority - Make telephone calls
- Getting the equipment you need - Research information
- Consumer issues - Visit you in your home
and a wide range of other things………… and much more………
THINGS WE CAN’T DO
- Provide personal care
- Administer medicine
- Manage your money for you
- Give Legal or any other advice
But we can help you to access services which may be able to help you with these things.
Our purpose is to support older people in Sefton to have their voice heard in decisions affecting their lives.
Our vision is to ensure that advocacy services are freely available to any and all older people who require them.
- Widening the skill mix in Dorset’s cancer care
- Trick or Treat?
- The many benefits of volunteering at any age
- Going underground in Poole
- Statutory and voluntary sectors working together in Dorset
- United Nations International Day of Older Persons 2017
- Spreading the word
- Older people, family and public policy
- Positive practice in mental health services
- And now for some good news…